We understand that this is a big change and want to alleviate any concerns you may have.
Q: Why are you closing the North Portland branch?
A: We have loved being a part of the North Portland community for over 40 years, but times have changed. Fewer members are using the branch to complete their banking needs and more and more is completed using technology. The North Portland Branch is far more space than we need and by selling the building we have turned it into profit that we can use to better serve our members with new technology, lending, and much more.
Q: How will I be able to withdraw my money?
A: There are several different ways to access your money:
- A2A (account to account) Transfers between your accounts at UA and your account(s) at other financial institutions through online banking.
- If you have a Debit or ATM card you can withdraw up to $500 per day from any Co-Op ATM free. You can find nearby Co-Op ATM locations online.
- Request a check be mailed to you from your account. You can request a check via online banking, CU*Talk, or by calling and speaking to a representative.
- You can visit our Tualatin branch to make a withdrawal in person.
We have many options for managing your account from anywhere! You can check out more information here.
Q: Will the credit union close altogether?
A: Nope! We’re doing great and by selling the North Portland branch we turned an asset that wasn’t benefiting the credit union into new products and services that will help us expand in new exciting directions!
Q: What does this mean for my account?
A: Your account remains unchanged. Though be on the lookout for new opportunities and offerings from us as we grow!
Q: Are you going to open another branch?
A: Currently, we do not have plans to open another branch in Portland. We are focusing on adding more virtual services, longer hours, and added points of contact like video chat! As always, we will be putting our efforts into best serving our members needs and listening to your feedback along the way.
Q: Will you be reducing staff?
A: Nope! We are actually planning to hire in the near future.
Q: What kind of technology will you be adding?
A: We have already added several services over the last few years including:
- Manage My Cards in our mobile app
- Multi-Authentication in our mobile app
- Mobile Check Deposit in our mobile app
- Real Estate Loans
- ATM Cards (for vacation fund members) with access to nearly 30,000 surcharge free ATMs across the nation
These are some others that we are working on and plan to launch in the near future:
- Near-Real-Time Mobile Check Deposit posting
- Apply-Approve-Get your money in one shot completely online loans
- Text Chat
- Web Chat
- Extended hours of availability for our virtual channels