News & Events
NerdWallet talks about UA's Mobile Banking
NerdWallet is an independent and objective comparison site helping consumers save money and make smarter decisions about their personal finances. So you can image how happy we were to have Laura Edgar, a senior writer for NerdWallet.com, write a guest post about our new mobile app! Check out the full post here.
Credit Card Surcharge to Take Effect January 27
As a result of a recent court settlement between retailers and the credit card industry, merchants can now pass along their payment processing costs to consumers who pay with a credit card beginning January 27, 2013. Please note that a merchant who chooses to exercise this surcharge, sometimes referred to as a "checkout fee," could subsequently increase your credit card purchase amount by as much as 4% (the maximum allowed).
Under the settlement:
- The surcharge cannot exceed the amount that the merchant actually pays to accept credit cards - normally between 1.5% and 3% of the transaction amount. the maximum amount allowed is 4%.
- Sucharges can be imposed on credit card transactions only, not on purchases made with debit cards or prepaid cards.
- Merchants must disclose the credit card surcharge clearly - at the store entrance and the point of sale or on the homepage if the merchant does business on the Internet.
- The disclosure must include the amount of the surcharge, the fact that the fee is being charged by the merchant, and that the fee does not exceed the merchant's cost to accept the credit cards.
- The dollar amount of the surcharge must appear on the transaction receipt.
Protect Your Personal Information!
The Credit Union will never solicit you for your personal information via email or telephone call. Do not provide your personal information to a website, email or phone call unless you have initiated the contact. If you have received an email and suspect it is a "phishing" email please forward that email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out www.onguardonline.gov for more tips and helpful information!
We are proud to announce the launch of our new website. We've added many new features including:
- Account Login on Homepage
- Improved Website Navigation
- Member Resources & Tools
- Financial Calculators
- Mobile Website
- Events Calendar
- Website Search Feature
- Interactive Branch Location Maps
- ATM Locator Search
- Shared Branching Locator Search
- Application Center
- Fraud Protection Center
Join our Mailing ListGet tips, updates and news info right here!
(We will never use your email address for any other purpose because we care about your privacy and guard it well!)